Institutions that are seeking to reaffirm their recognition at the Bronze-Level status must submit an application using the format below.
Part 1: Online Application Form
As part of your online submission, the following information is required. You’ll enter it into the form on the application portal. *Please note portal will open on the first day of the application period.
Program Information and Pledge Affirmation (answers should be provided in the portal)
- College/School/Program Name
b. University Name
c. Dean or Program Head’s Name
d. Submitter’s contact information
e. Date of application submission
f. Affirm that your current college/school/program dean/program head has committed to the pledge and that their name appears on the ADRP signature website. If the current dean has not signed the pledge yet, follow this link to add their name.
A maximum of two PDFs may be uploaded to the application portal* (the Cover Letter-Part 2/Narrative-Part 4and the DEI Plan-Part 3).
* Please note the application portal will open the first week of October 2023. The portal is available through our previous ASEE system. If you had a login with the old ASEE website now called monolith, your login credentials should be sufficient to login and complete the application. If you have never had an ASEE account in the old system, please create one to continue.
Part 2: Cover Letter
The cover page of your application should be a signed and dated letter from the dean reaffirming their support of the application to the ADRP. Please use the text provided below on your institutional letterhead. This letter may be submitted as a combined PDF with your narrative and does not count in the 2 page limit for the narrative.
I, (name of Dean), am in full support of this reaffirmation to the ASEE Diversity Recognition Program (ADRP) at the Bronze Level. [Date]
Part 3: Current Version of your Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Plan (Upload as a separate pdf or include in Narrative as an Appendix)
Institutions that were awarded Bronze-level recognition are required to have developed a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan and submitted the plan as part of their Bronze-Level Application. To reaffirm recognition at the Bronze-Level, institutions must include the current version of their Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan and include a link to the plan on a publicly-available website. If appended to narrative, it will not count in the 2 page limit for the narrative.
Part 4: Narrative (2 page limit)
A narrative that describes the following actions since initial recognition at the Bronze-Level:
- A list of the goals included in your original Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan.
- For each goal listed in #1, include a short narrative that describes your accomplishments associated with that goal, including a discussion of the trends in any metrics that are used to assess your progress towards the goal.
- A discussion of any changes to your Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan since your initial recognition at the Bronze-Level. If any of your goals have changed, include a discussion of the new goals of your plan and any new metrics that you will be using to measure your progress towards the goal.
Include Data on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Narrative must include three years of demographics for your College since the original recognition at the Bronze-Level. The table below includes the minimum data to include; if your DEI plan focuses on other groups of people (such as post-docs, staff or administrators), include those demographics as well. Data should be included for all gender and ethnic groups. The National Science Foundation defines Women, Persons with Disabilities, and three racial and ethnic groups—Blacks, Hispanics, and American Indians or Alaska Natives—as underrepresented in Science and Engineering.
Part 5: Payment
The application fee is $425 and is payable by credit card online once you submit. Application will be considered incomplete until the fee is submitted.
For More Information
Questions about the application process may be directed to email@example.com with “ADRP Bronze Reaffirmation Application” in the subject line.