Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the time frame for the baseline data on retention?
All data is over the last three academic years. Please follow guidelines here.
2. What level of administrator should we report?
Administrators include all deans (including Associate, Assistant, Vice, etc.), Chairs or Heads, and Directors.
3. Is there a template to use for compiling and submitting the demographic data on our students and faculty?
4. Is there an official application form?
5. Do you have examples of “best practices”?
Please view examples of proven policies and practices as well as initiatives from other institutions on our Resources page.
6. Will the data submitted be published or shared in any way?
No data will be shared. Only the evaluation committee will view them.
7. Where do I send my completed application?
Please upload your completed application as a single PDF (maximum 10 pages) to the online application portal. You may upload a maximum of two documents. If you have any difficulties please send an email to email@example.com with “ASEE Diversity Recognition Application Issue” in the subject line.
8. What if I can not meet the deadline?
There will be another opportunity for you to submit! The application period will open annually in the fall.
9. I submitted last round and need to resubmit. Do I need to use the new process?
Yes, please resubmit your application using the updated guidelines and the online portal.